People desire a “leadership refresh” in their organizations. Employees want leaders that are likeable, understand their needs, can authentically motivate people and know how to energize a workplace culture to generate the best results for the organization. Just because you are a great sales person doesn’t mean you will be an effective leader. The traditional leader still employs the old school ways of doing things that make it difficult to engage a workforce that is more diverse and multigenerational than ever before. Today’s short-term, rapid-paced, limited-resource workplace requires more trust amongst employees and their intentions, transparency in communication and requirements and cross-departmental collaboration to fuel more desired outcomes – where people feel valued and respected.
6 Ways To Make Your Leadership And Workplace Fun Again:
1) Allow People to Fail; Encourage Employees to Test Their Ideas
2) Build Teams That Last; Allow Them to Be Think-Tanks
3) Be a Great Communicator; Hold No Secrets
4) Don’t Hide Behind the Title; Be The Real You
5) Awaken the Organization; Keep People On Their Toes
6) Keep it Simple; Make it Fun
Read the rest of this article and definitions of each way here.
Article by: Glenn Llopis, Contributor Forbes
Summary by: CCS, INNOVA Group